Health Care Assistant (HCA)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an experienced HCA to join a bustling practice based over two sites in Ludham & Stalham, Norfolk. The successful HCA will earn salary of £8.75 per hour and have flexible working hours. The vacancy is full-time but applicants seeking part-time work will be considered under a job-share situation.
The practice is a friendly, rural, 4 partner training practice. Located on the beautiful Norfolk Broads, a pleasant 25-minute drive from Norwich / Gt Yarmouth, the practice places a great importance on learning and development of every member of the team. They recognise that without a well-trained, developed and motivated workforce, they cannot deliver quality clinical services. As an HCA, you will be responsible for ensuring that patients receive a friendly, attentive and professional service. The HCA’s core duties will include, but not be limited to:
- INR testing
- NHS Health checks
- ECG recording
- Seasonal vaccinations
- Chaperoning duties
- Checking and recording: Blood pressure, pulse rate and rhythm, height and body mass index
- Processing and management of laboratory samples
- Surgical equipment re-stocking and stock rotation
- Clearing and re-stocking consulting rooms
- Assisting GPs during the performance of minor operations
- Helping to raise awareness of health and well-being and how it can be promoted
To be considered for the role of HCA you must have experience of working in a GP surgery / care home / hospital environment and be appropriately trained in phlebotomy. In addition, you must possess the following key skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time-management skills
- Ability to deal with confidential information and follow set processes
- Good team player
- High attention to detail
- Reliable, trustworthy and hardworking.
Previous experience is essential and the successful candidate must have a strong willingness to learn new skills.
If you wish to apply for the role of HCA, based in Ludham & Stalham, Norfolk, then please submit your CV with an accompanying covering letter explaining how your skills and experience make you an ideal candidate for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additional information: Hours can be flexible and applicants seeking part-time work will be considered under a job-share situation.